Like many active adults in their 50’s and 60’s, I needed to get hip surgery after many years of overuse. Maybe too many years compensating for my troublesome knee? Either way, the hip pain was cramping my style, and I wasn’t ready to consign myself to sedentary life just yet.
You know me… I’m having too much fun💚
As I prepared for my hip surgery, I was curious about “being a patient.“ I’m a nurse with 30 years of experience under her belt! Yet this was the first time in a long time that I was the patient instead of the provider.
I also know that hip replacement has a long recovery with lots of pain management. When I was a young nurse and blew out my knee decades ago, I had a strong stomach reaction to the opioids the doctor gave me. I had flashbacks to throwing up violently on a plane – not something I was anxious to recreate. 🤣
So I looked into medical cannabis as an alternative to opioids as part of post-surgery pain management.🌿
The irony is that I spent so many years being cautious of cannabis!
As a mother of teenagers, I was concerned that if my kids consumed cannabis regularly it would affect their drive, and academic ability. Or overdose. Only later did I learn that you can use cannabis without significant impairment….and you can’t overdose on marijuana! There are just no cannabinoid receptors in the brainstem. But I digress.
After doing extensive research on alternative pain remedies, I found that the answer was in nature all along. Why was I so surprised?
What if you could get rid of:
- Strong medications that are highly addictive (and make you nauseous)
- Anti-inflammatories that are hard on your stomach
- Sleeping pills that make you groggy
- Anti-anxiety medications to calm the nerves
- Stool softeners for the constipation
And replace those with a SINGLE natural pain management tool that solves all of those problems?
The beauty of cannabis is that it can do ALL of those things 💚
In a single dose of cannabis you’ll get:
💚 Pain management with THC-A and CBG
💚 Restful sleep with CBN
💚 Anti-inflammation with CBD
I know I’m not the only one out there with joints that need serious attention (aging isn’t fun, but it’s better than the alternative!).
That’s why I created “Heal With Denise” for Pre- and Post-Op care.
- Get a cannabis consultation to manage your pain, inflammation, sleep, and digestive tract
- Learn mindful techniques that can speed up the healing During
- How to use sound healing and frequency as part of your recouperations
- Using natural cannabis to soothe your internal systems and manage pain at the same time
- Stay alert so you can catch up on your favorite books or pastimes during your recover
So if you need surgery and don’t want to sit around bored, in pain, numbed out, or constipated then this is for you.
Book a “Heal With Denise” consultation call for you (or your loved one) today! 💚